What is permissible purpose?
Companies can access your credit report data only if they have a permissible purpose under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. For example, companies may request to access your credit report data for purposes such as these:
- To grant new credit to you
- For employment purposes
- For rental screening
- For insurance underwriting
- To provide credit reports and/or credit monitoring data to you
- Other purposes as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act
What's a credit score and how can I see it?A credit score is a three-digit number calculated from your data-rich credit report and is one factor used by lenders to determine your creditworthiness for a mortgage, loan or credit card. Your score can affect whether or not you are approved as well as what interest rate you are charged. There are many different credit scores and the credit score you view may not be the score used by a particular lender.
Am I eligible for a free credit report?
You are entitled to one free credit report each year from the credit reporting agencies. To request your TransUnion, Equifax and/or Experian credit report, please visit www.annualcreditreport.com.
To learn more about your options, please go to transunion.com.
You may also be eligible to receive a copy of your TransUnion personal credit report at no charge if:
- Within the last 60 days, you have received an adverse action notice based on information from your TransUnion credit report
- You are unemployed and plan to seek employment within 60 days
- You receive public welfare assistance
- You have reason to believe your TransUnion credit file is inaccurate due to fraud
- Your state offers a free or reduced-price Personal Credit Report
If one of the reasons above applies to you, please go to the main TransUnion.com Disclosure Page and select the option that applies to you.
Which Web browser can I use to access this site?
This TransUnion website supports all major browsers. To ensure the security of your information online and to support an optimal online experience, check that you are using the latest version of your preferred browser.
Browser Version Recommendations:
TransUnion supports 128-bit encryption. To safely use this site, your browser must support encryption. Please see our browser recommendations to ensure that your visit to this TransUnion website is safe and secure.